July 2016 saw the fantastic achievement of Henrik Stenson, the first Swedish golfer to win a major. After finishing the final day with an almost record of 63, Henrik Stenson was crowned The Open champion for 2016 and got his hands on the famous Claret Jug.
Henrik is one of golf's top 5 players in the world and has enjoyed a handful of victories, including being a part of the triumphant European Ryder Cup team.
Golf is a game for anyone and can be played enjoyably at any level. Did you watch The Open? Has it inspired you to get into golf?
Is Golf for me?
Golf is a game for all, whatever your age, background, ability or disability. As well as having fun in the fresh air, playing golf helps you stay fit and look and feel well. Golf is a great game for all the family and can be played into your twilight years, so it’s never too late to start!
Why is Golf for me?
Playing golf can bring some impressive health and wellbeing benefits that can help you look and feel at your best. This increasingly popular sport combines, the core ingredients that doctors recommend for optimum physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Golf is fun - you will find it easier to make exercise enjoyable
- It does not need to take all day, playing 9 holes will only take 2 hours
- It keeps you fit - 18-hole game of golf uses at least 900 calories
- Gets you outdoors - proven way to help improve your mood, stress levels and self-esteem
- With plenty of time for conversation, golf is the perfect way to make new friends or grow closer bonds with people you already know.
- Golf can be competitive and a personal challenge- you can compete at club, county and national level.
Read some inspiring stories from people who decided to get into golf...
If you're interested in finding our more about how you can get into golf and the many options available to you. Visit our Membership page to see how easy it really is to stay fit, look healthy and feel GREAT!